Precious Metal could be renamed Wish List
Boasting of every desirable offshore yachting feature masterfully packaged within her 46 feet. Her luxurious handcrafted custom cherry wood interior and traditional teak and holly flooring is a testimony to the builder’s labor of love. Precious Metal is a steel hull, designed by luxury yacht designer Greg Marshall, and built by Kristen Yachts. She is hull number 7 of 9 sailboats made by Kristen, center-cockpit, cutter-rig, has had one owner, and was launched on 2000.
The envious dream of all offshore captains is the walk-in, full head room, engine room. Among the many shop tools on the 8 foot work bench is the “piece de resistance” drill press. Other engine room features include a 100 hp Izusu engine, sea chest discharge, new water and bilge pumps, grinder and vice, 30 gallon holding tank, 300 gallon water tanks, 500 gallon fuel capacity, double Raycor fuel filter system, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 200 and 90 amp alternators, and the main engine is keel cooled.
Ahead of her time, a unique design feature of Precious Metal is her raised salon giving a 270 degree view of the ocean while comfortably seated in her center stage salon. Alongside of which is a full size chart table, colour TV and stereo, and large storage cabinet.
Performance under sail is magical – proven in winds above 50 knots on several occasions and the crew were fighting for the helm. Estimated average hull speed is 7.5 knots.
Another uniqueness at midship is a second dining space for stability of meals during offshore voyages, adjacent to her well equipped spacious u-shaped galley. The forward separate guest cabin includes an office, double bed, full head with shower, and enormous storage compartments.
The spacious master suite boasts of every yachting woman’s fantasy – a luxurious full size bathtub. This fabulous aft suite also includes a queen size bed, voluminous cabinet space, separate head, shower, Vacu Flush head, and powder room.
Other features include:
– V 2500 electric windlass, with 60 lb Bruce anchor and 250 ft of new 3/8 chain.
– Kobelt hydraulic steering and engine controls.
– 9 ft AB tender with 8 hp Yamaha outboard on a simple davit system.
– Dash board featuring windshield wiper, formidable horn, and lighting throughout the deck and cockpit.
– Aft swim deck with shower.
– Solar panels on cockpit roof – 600 w
– Galley features: double stainless sink, gimballed Force 10 three-burner stove, microwave oven, and top loading sizable fridge and freezer.
– Cutter rigged, in-boom Leisure furl main sail, head sail and inner stay sail rollar furling, all self tailing two speed winches and one electric winch, canvass enclosed hard dodger, combing storage, all sail lines controlled from the cockpit, and navigation system with radar, auto pilot, chart plotter, wind speed and direction indicator, and the cockpit can be converted to a double bed suitable for sleeping directly under the stars.
– Village Wonder modular water maker 200.
– Full size custom Genakker sail with sock..
– Specs: 41,000 lbs displacement. LOA: 46′ Beam: 13’9′ Draft: 7 ft Sail Area: 1300 sq.ft.
Precious Metal is custom built, single owner, and is designed to sail in absolute comfort, style and absolute safety anywhere in the world.